Health & Safety & Environmental Specialist
Health & Safety & Environmental Specialist – Food manufacturing
This is an excellent opportunity for a Health Safety and Environment specialist to join a market-leading manufacturer at their site in Lancashire.
Role: HSE Specialist
Salary: up to £50k DOE + benefits
- Must have previous experience in a Safety, Health & Environmental role in a manufacturing environment – preferably within the Food or FMCG sector.
- You will be NEBOSH qualified
- Strong attention to detail. Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to apply knowledge of Health and Safety/Environmental legislation
- Work well under pressure, be team focused, influential, flexible, a strong communicator and confident
What you'll be doing:
- Monitor the effectiveness of the SHE policy, recommend changes and ensure practices which are potentially hazardous are brought to Management attention.
- To continually maintain, develop and improve safety and environmental standards.
- Ensure that the Company Health & Safety and Environmental Policy is kept up to date and reviewed as necessary.
- Ensure that through a risk assessment and job safety analysis based approach, all SHE issues are eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level around responsibility
- Overall responsibility for controlling all SHE costs associated with training and the purchase and maintenance of equipment
- Continually research, review and recommend new opportunities to improve SHE and training practices
- My client is a well-known, market-leading manufacturer based in Lancashire
- Excellent career prospects exist for ambitious individuals.
If you are interested in hearing more about this fantastic career opportunity, then please send a copy of your CV quoting ref CH/2990 in the subject field to email@example.com or call Emma on 0161 832 7463 or 07792 466140.