Technical Packaging Manager
A Leading FMCG food manufacturer seeking to recruit a Packaging Technical Manager to join there expanding team based on the outskirts of London.
This is a key role liaising between many key functions within the business, including Technical, Marketing, Product Development, Procurement and Manufacturing.
As Technical Packaging Manager you will be responsible for driving the agenda on packaging innovation and step changing quality that will delight customers, consumers and improve our operational efficiency which helps to deliver against our strategic imperatives.
You will be a strong leader and will drive the business to ensure that your key projects are delivered on time, on budget and achieving a quality result, influencing the necessary functions along the way.
Previous experience in a direct packaging technology role in a Food/Beverage or Pharmaceutical environment, with direct involvement of product launches across a wide range of materials and substrates e.g. rigid plastic, flexibles, corrugated and carton board.
- Operational environment experience
- Experience of managing packaging projects, from concept through to implementation.
- Technically competent across a wide variety of materials, substrates and packaging processes
- Demonstrable experience with developing a new pack format with external suppliers
- Able to solve complex problems using root cause analysis tools.
- Competent in the use of statistical process control techniques, to quantify the variation in packaging performance and quality attributes.
- Science based degree in Packaging, Engineering, or Materials Science would be an advantage.
- Institute of Packaging Diploma would be an advantage.
- Computer aided design (CAD) skills would be an advantage.
- Structural design skills would be an advantage
Apply for Technical Packaging Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly