Newly Weds Foods Limited
Newlyweds Foods is a BRC accredited market leading specialist manufacturer of coatings, seasonings and flavourings for the food industry supplying a diverse range of products to major manufacturers throughout the world.
We are looking for an experienced and highly organised HR Manager to join our team at our Banbury plant.
The successful candidate will work as part of the site management team, assisting in the development of the team and build strong, robust working relationships that support the decision making process of the Company. They will have previous HR Management experience and be confident in ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements, and setting and maintaining standards of best practice.
- To understand the business’ current and future resourcing requirements ensuring that roles and responsibilities reflect Corporate and the NWF Europe structure requirements and business needs.
- To identify sources of recruitment that are cost effective and that ensure that vacant positions attract good candidates.
- Manage the “Induction Process” to ensure all new employees are seamlessly integrated into the business.
- Continuously develop induction programmes to ensure all new staff receive comprehensive information and assistance during their initial months of employment, and beyond.
- To ensure that grading structures and reward matrices offer a fair level of remuneration for all employees.
- To monitor these levels against the market place.
- To continuously review and amend where appropriate remuneration packages against business requirements and market place
- Continually develop and implement practices that ensure the Company is or becomes an Employer of Choice.
- Ensure the daily HR function provides a best practice support service to all staff from factory personnel to Director level management.
- Provide continuous expert advice and support to all areas of the business in relation to the ongoing management of employees, including performance management, disciplinary and grievance, absence procedures etc.
- Build a relationship and understanding of all operational disciplines including having a working relationship with all staff on site from shop floor to VP
- Work with all staff and line managers to develop robust training programmes, ensuring that employees receive the correct training in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensure HR department and Senior Management are kept updated with Employment Law changes through regular training days.
- Ensure both staff and business issues are discussed, solutions generated and problems resolved in an inclusive environment that supports the business need for staff to be accountable.
- Workplace forums started and lead by HR manager
- Weekly/ monthly HR meetings
- To create and maintain performance management process across all levels of the business that clearly measures and holds individuals accountable for their contribution to the business.
- To identify training and development needs of employees, working with managers and external consultants, where required, to ensure employees understand and deliver against their personal objectives.
- To act as consultant or advisor to Directors / Managers in people and performance related issues.
- To provide advice and action plans on the implementation of organisational restructuring when required.
- Maintain an Occupational Health Service that proactively supports Attendance Management across all sites.
- Ensure levels of absence are monitored and actions are taken to maintain Company standards.
- Manage a “Phased Return to Work” scheme that, where required, facilitates employees back to full duties.
- Ensure all businesses comply with local legislative practices in regard to Employment Law, whilst integrating and interpreting NWF Corporate Policy.
- To ensure effective and confidential HR administration processes are maintained.
- Ensure the HR database is maintained and utilised to support HR and Business objectives.
- To effectively lead and motivate the HR Specialist
- Manage and maintain the HR budget controls working closely with the Plant Manager
Health, Safety and Environment
- Assist in the management of Health, Safety and environment
Communication / Meeting Requirements
Attendance is required to the following:
- Daily Pit-stop meeting
- Health & Safety Meetings
In periods of absence, ensure a suitable replacement deputises.
Required to submit the following completed documentation to the Plant Manager for verification within the timescales specified:
- Weekly lateness and absence review
- Organisational / Employee List (Monthly)
- HR Report to Plant Manager (Monthly)
- Corporate Reports to US (Monthly)
Preparation and participation during the following audits:
- SEDEX and customer Ethical Audits
- Manufacturing Audit
- CIPD qualified
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Management of Staff Development and Performance Management Systems
- Experience of supporting individuals to meet agreed objectives and milestones
- HR management experience in a manufacturing environment, including policy development and management, and recruitment and selection
- Advising senior/middle managers on employment law issues – discipline, absence, capability and grievance.
- Translating law into best practice employment policy, procedure and advice
- Clear focus on strategic issues, with the ability to translate into appropriate action
- Experience of successfully working as part of a team and openly exchanging information and supporting colleagues
Knowledge & Skills
- “Open Door” approach to HR
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Managing difficult situations and working with those involved to devise solutions
- Organised, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Decisive and acts promptly under pressure
- Have experience of working in a confidential, flexible and positive manner
- Ability to work alone, and be part of a team
- Excellent understanding of developments in employment and law and employee relations, organizational planning and development
In return we will offer the successful candidate a competitive package including an attractive salary with company pension, healthcare cash plan and eligibility for a company bonus.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE