Our client is a leading manufacturer of Chilled products, supplying various Retail accounts and Foodservice customers. From one of their key facilities in the UK, based in the North West, they are looking to recruit an NPD Controller in order to manage the development of their products both internally and externally.
- You will be responsible for developing and implementing an improved NPD strategy.
- Oversee all factory trials, to ensure all the relative results are documented and delivered to the right departments.
- Working with the Technical team in order to ensure all factory trials and projects are carried out in accordance with strict Quality, Legal and Health & Safety guidelines.
- Accountability for the innovation processes and following NPD activity through from concept to launch keeping in line with the profit margins.
- Review all new artwork prior to approval.
- Keep up to date with Technical changes, legislative amendments and food safety.
- Complete risk assessments for new suppliers, ingredients and packaging.
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Extensive People- Management experience.
- Experience working within a Chilled Food or Fresh produce environment.
- A strong understanding of the Technical/Quality challenges faced in such a facility.
- A Minimum requirement of a BSc in Food Science or an equivalent.
- HACCP Level 3/4 & Food Safety Level 3 /4.
- Strong understanding of Excel and ERP systems
You will be a driven and passionate senior NPD professional with experience working within a Food Manufacturing environment. The successful applicant will demonstrate through the selection process that they are not only technically capable, but someone with a good understanding of the whole production process and associated systems, NPD understanding, with a natural gravitas who is able to develop relationships with clients, suppliers, and staff alike.
If you feel you have the background required and would like to hear more please call Jonathan Russell on 0113 3202430 or email your CV to Jonathan@hudsonjames.co.uk; we look forward to hearing from you.