Production Planner (Maternity Cover - 12 months)
Are you eager to develop a career within supply chain? This is a fantastic opportunity for a tenacious and driven individual to join us at an exciting and ambitious time.
We are currently looking to recruit a Production Planner (Maternity Cover for 12 months) to join the Supply Chain team. The role will identify and implement optimum plans and schedules that deliver stock and service targets and/or procure materials to organise production in line with our customer needs and the financial business plan.
The Job Profile / General Duties:
- Plan capacities of our sites using the sales forecasts, highlighting any shortfalls to line management
- Utilise available planning systems to convert sales forecasts into achievable production and material plans and schedules that optimally balance customer service and operational cost efficiency
- Manage risks within the plan and amend plans where possible/practical to achieve customer service and stock targets
- Share forecasts with suppliers and work with them to resolve issues with materials/packaging availability
- Measure, minimise and publish expected obsolete\over stocks both finished goods and raw materials
- Hold regular reviews with suppliers to discuss vendor rating scores and detail improvement plans where necessary
- Attend supplier sites as and when required
- This role will be office based however the need to take calls and make decisions out of hours will be required
- Prepare detail for the Planning & Demand Manager prior to monthly PRE-S&OP meetings
- Review costings and throughputs for new products
Key skills and experience
You will have experience of using ERP/MRP software, knowledge of the supply chain function as well as the S&OP process and demonstrated successful cross functional working including delivering KPIs.
You will be an excellent communicator and influencer with the ability to present information in a clear, consistent and confident manner, as well as make effective and timely decisions. You will ideally be educated to degree level in a business or supply chain related subject, along with significant project management and organisational skills.
Aunt Bessie’s is part of the William Jackson Food Group. Proudly started in Yorkshire, where William Jackson first opened his original shop in 1851, the William Jackson Food Group is a sixth-generation family business: Aunt Bessie’s, Jackson’s Bakery, MyFresh, Abel & Cole, The Food Doctor, and our pub, The Ferguson Fawsitt Arms. Originating from Yorkshire, Aunt Bessie’s, Jackson’s Bakery and the WJFG group office continue to be based in Hull, with MyFresh being based in Bedford, and Abel and Cole in Andover and Wimbledon.
This role is Hull based and Aunt Bessie’s is commutable from North Lincolnshire; Grimsby, Scunthorpe, North Yorkshire; Scarborough, York and West Yorkshire; Leeds.