Our client is a successful food and drinks business and growing dynamic business with an exciting branded and OL product range supplying major retailers and foodservice establishments.
Due to recent growth and success our client is expanding their team with a Technical Manager.
To be the company’s expert in all technical matters including product safety, regulatory, quality, compliance and labelling legislation
To be the lead point of contact with customers on technical and quality matters
- Manage and lead quality managers/supervisors and shift QC supervisors across 2 sites and ensuring correct all procedures and practices are in place
- Ensure all product specifications are legal, up to date, accurate and compliant with in house and/or customer’s requirements
- Ensure all packaging descriptions are legal, up to date, accurate and compliant with customer’s requirements (current range and new product development)
- Develop procedures and processes to improve and support procurement/production, ensuring legal compliance and best industry practice
- To lead all audits of sites and ensure top level certification:
- To track and report consumer complaints and develop plans with procurement, production and supply chain colleagues to reduce
- Work collaboratively with production and create internal auditing processes and procedures
- To create and foster a culture high quality and service where continuous improvement is a way of life
- Ensure all relevant training regarding health & safety and regulatory requirements is conducted & documentation is up to date and accessible
- Ensure all suppliers are ongoing compliant for all food safety and regulatory controls via auditing or self-assessment questionnaires
- Work closely with product procurement, production, sales and marketing depts., vendors and customers in executing new product development projects including appropriate approvals
- Work closely with the tea buyers on approving blends and new blend specifications
- Work closely with production and supply chain colleagues on new machine trials and external warehouse standards
- Support sensory evaluations before releasing pre-shipment samples, incoming ingredients and production blends
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the food industry in a similar technical/quality role
- A degree in a related science subject such as Food Science or Chemistry
- Experience in food manufacturing, packaging, regulatory and technical fields
- Needs to demonstrate a track record of continuous improvement and change management
- A networker with experience in working with external regulatory and certification bodies eg: FDF, BRC, trade associations, Europe etc.
- Needs to demonstrate ability to work closely and influence other departments to create world class policies and processes eg: marketing, procurement, production, supply chain etc.
- Calm and confident but assertive style, willing to work closely with colleagues to find solutions that will benefit the overall business
- An ability to raise the overall standard of quality by creating a culture of excellence
- Experience of working closely with key customers and a good understanding of their requirements
- Needs to be proactive and take the initiative
- To build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity in line with the company’s core values
- Must have good computer and analytical skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and be able to learn how to effectively utilise the company’s software programmes
What’s on offer?
- A starting salary of up to £55,000 D.O.E.
- Benefits and contributory pension
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly