Site Manufacturing Manager
Site Manufacturing Manager
Would you like to work for one of Europe’s leading blue chip food & drink suppliers?
Employing over 8,000 people operating across 15 manufacturing sites, Princes are a major supplier of both private label and branded products across a number of categories. Some of the key brands that Princes own or produce under licence include Branston, Crisp n Dry, Bachelors, Flora and Napolina. Princes have consistently maintained a strong work ethic within the FMCG industry which has enabled them to thrive in a highly competitive industry. The business promotes internal progression for individuals with potential and are looking for an experienced Site Manufacturing Manager to join their senior management team.
This role is an integral part of the Senior Management team, at Princes’ largest Manufacturing site in the UK. The site has a permanent team of 550 with a turnover of £140 million per annum. As Site Manufacturing Manager, you will have direct responsibility for 4 Managers across Manufacturing, Packing and Inbound Logistics, managing 15 Production lines.
The role will encompass the following responsibilities:
- Set and deliver the manufacturing strategy for the use of Continuous Improvements tools and techniques to ensure that targeted improvements are reached, maintained and improved on
- Optimise all aspects of the production of Factory Products, including management of materials, labour, capital allocation and factory overheads.
- Contribute to the broader Site Strategy working with the Factory General Manager and Site Management team
- Manage and motivate Department Managers, Shift Co-ordinators and Team Members. Set and monitor targets for direct reports
- Maintain systems and controls to ensure that quality production delivery is at the forefront of all activities. Promote a continuous improvement approach to reduce both customer and consumer complaint levels
- Communicate with engineering to ensure planned maintenance, engineering and production priorities are considered and delivered
- Work closely with support functions including HR, Technical, Planning, Site Engineering and Finance ensuring required support is communicated and all outstanding issues resolved
- Control direct costs and overhead expenditure in line with agreed budgetary targets and manage capital plans in line with the growth and innovation demands of brands
- Solid experience as a Senior Manufacturing Manager within a large scale manufacturing operation – FMCG experience would be beneficial but by no means essential as all manufacturing sectors will be considered
- Proven record of initiating cost reduction and continuous improvement
- Broad range of CI and lean manufacturing experience utilising a number of different tools and techniques
- Proven delivery of manufacturing strategy, both medium and long term
- Able to operate in a pressurised environment with considerable responsibility, whilst maintaining a level head
- Engaging Manager who leads by example, able to lead a multi-disciplinary and diverse team
Click apply below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please call me for a confidential discussion on 0161 6390080.
This role is being handled exclusively by The Advocate Group on behalf of Princes Ltd, any third party
applications will be forwarded to The Advocate Group for consideration.
Apply for Site Manufacturing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly