Are you an experienced NPD Manager looking to join a business that is highly innovative and expanding at pace? Do you have a background in Food & Drink? If so please read on for this exciting opportunity!
The FMCG business would suit an energetic and dynamic individual who has experience operating as an NPD Manager within a Private Label organisation and wants to join a truly innovative leader in their category. This company is going through an exciting growth period with a lots of new SKU’s being launch into the Major retailers.
As NPD Manager you will have responsibility for shaping the NPD strategy for the company’s largest customer retailer account. This will include building customer relationships through weekly visits, understanding product requirements from an NPD perspective and being able lead the projects from concept to launch. This role will give you exposure to international travel, where you will lead the development team to ensuring projects are on schedule with the Critical Path. You will also have the opportunity to visit trade shows and festivals to keep on top of current trends!
The role will encompass the following duties:
- Customer facing – Being the first point of contact for the retailer NPD & Technical functions, developing & managing relationships with major retailer customers.
- Identification of product trends and opportunities through competitor analysis trade show attendance.
- Working with customers to understand NPD & Innovation briefs.
- Driving NPD & ensuring all new products are compliant with customers codes of practice
- NPD Process co-ordination from brief right the way through to launch.
- Advising customers on factory capabilities from a Technical perspective & offering product focused solutions to the customer.
- Advising customers on how products will appear visually within a Retail store format.
- Leading the development team, ensuring that projects are launched on time and to specification
- Overseeing the development team ensuring all product specifications and artworks are up to date and in line with standards
- Ensuring team work is collaborative & adhere to key performance indicators.
- Identify new methods to increase communication quality between NPD team and the Customer.
- Have a Technical understanding of Factory processes and be able to offer support to in Audit preparation.
- Cross collaboration of with the wider business offering your skills & expertise where needed.
- You will have strong experience in a NPD management role in either the Food or Drink product categories.
- Have experience in a retailer customer facing position
- You will have a background in private label manufacturing.
- You will have a technical understanding of both product & production processes
- You will be an enthusiastic individual who is has strong commercial acumen and willing to offer support to the wider business when needed.
- Flexible to travel to Europe on a monthly basis
Apply now or call Jack Forth at The Advocate Group Directly on 0207 871 8000
Apply for NPD Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly