Eurofins is the world leader in Food/Water, Consumer and Agricultural testing, where opportunity exists for an experienced and highly operational General Manager. This position is responsible for managing one of their largest UK sites, which is based in inner West London with a very attractive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
Michael Page are partnering with Eurofins; a world leader in food, feed and water testing, offering a comprehensive range of state-of-the-art analytical techniques to support their customer's increasingly stringent quality and food safety standards. They have a significant presence in the UK and are looking for a Senior Operations/General Manager to oversee and lead their West London site.
Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories with over EUR 2.4 billion annual sales and over 28,000 employees with more than 310 laboratories in 39 countries. Eurofins has a network of 19 sites in the UK and the Group provides an unparalleled range of over 130,000 reliable and validated analytical methods and support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer product industries, and to governments.
Eurofins Food and Water testing UK & Ireland is made up of 11 world-class laboratories including the site in West London which has potential for significant growth in the short and medium term.
The prime responsibility of this position is to lead a high performing London based site and to be accountable for the operational delivery and profitable organic growth of testing facilities in the region. Below is a summary of expectations and responsibilities of a General Manager for Eurofins:
- This position is the head of one of the largest sites of the UK business, reporting directly into the UK MD
- Responsible to lead and significantly expand the business along the agreed upon strategy
- Successfully integrate outsourcing contracts within the company's framework, vision and values
- Generate profitable new business and exceed new business targets in line with business plan
- To lead, motivate and develop a team to exceed the business plans and profitability goals
- Ensure delivery of a world class service to customer through regular client contact
- Overseeing site's P+L and be responsible for operational performance
- Manage business ensuring that quality and health and safety standards meet targeted levels
- Prepare and propose annual budget and 3 year plan, reporting any deviations to deliver agreed upon results
The successful candidate will have proven operational and financial experience and will have led a large site and team before.
You will have a track record of site and operational continuous improvement and ideally would have been instrumental in growing a high performing team and developing team members skill sets.
You will have also have experience managing a business where quality standards are an integral part of your sites performance alongside health and safety.
You will have high attention to detail and be professional in your approach to the role, whilst maintaining a personable approach to ensure effective liaison with Senior Reporting lines as well as your own direct reports and operational floor staff.
As General Manager you will be responsible for a large Eurofins site with great exposure through to Senior Management within the UK and also globally, some major benefits below:
- Work for a large Global business specialising in areas including Food, Water and Agricultural testing
- London base site, high performance with significant growth
- Attractive salary + bonus, car, pension, health and other benefits