Senior Technical Manager
AIM recruitment has a new opportunity for a Senior Technical Manager to join a leading chilled Ambient food manufacturer based in the South of England.
Applications are invited from candidates with at least 4 years’ relevant food manufacturing experience as a technical manager or Senior Technical Manager and have the ability to build and motivate a strong, well rounded technical team.
To achieve success in this position it is critical that the Senior Technical Manager makes our client’s vision and values real within the technical team, practicing and cascading the principles and philosophies.
- Provides advice, support and decision making to colleagues across the business in identifying, escalating and managing risks, dealing with incidents and working together to improve processes.
- Manages raw material quality and compliance & welfare & supplier assurance, scorecards, approval list and audits
- Manages agreed site technical metrics and technical strategic delivery at site level
- Delivers strategic technical plan for site and supports group technical strategy
- Supports External regulatory and enforcement agencies including incident management and proactive influence to achieve commercial goals
- Technical adviser for third party customers and all third party audit and customer service
- Supports as required Industry trade bodies
- Liaises with food service industry (compliance, food safety, manufacturing and H+S)
- Liaises cross functionally at site level and also across contribute to business unit technical team
- Build, develop and lead a team of passionate colleagues to drive the quality agenda into all site processes.
- 3rd level qualification in a food related discipline e.g. Degree, Diploma etc.
- Intermediate HACCP
- Experience with chilled meat
- Experience in the application of 3rd party Food Safety Standards and the accreditation process eg BRC.
- Experience of dealing with a major retailer and knowledge of their Technical Policies / Systems.
- Pragmatic individual who takes on responsibility and accountability to get the job done.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, including the ability to identify, implement and lead change on site through challenging, leading and influencing managers and cross-functional teams on specific projects