Operational Excellence Lead
Our client is one of the UK's best loved coffee and tea businesses. A family owned business that employs in excess of 1,500 people. The group continues to have a strong balance sheet with an impressive track record of success.
They differentiate themselves from other consumer companies by placing significant emphasis on the ethical, social and environmental aspects of operating the business in addition to the economic dimension. They have exceptionally high levels of engagement with employees, customers, suppliers and the communities in which they operate. Relationships are built for the long term with an open, honest approach to doing business and strong ethical and environmental principles at the heart of business practice.
To increase the focus on Operational Excellence and pace of improvements they are introducing a newly created role of OPEX (Operational Excellence) Lead into the Operations Leadership Team. The purpose of this role is to support the design and implementation of the Operational Excellence strategy through the Operations Operating model and work with the operational teams to implement and further embed a culture of continuous improvement that is embedded throughout Operations.
Reporting to the Operations Director the role will be responsible for proactively supporting the deployment of the Operations Operating Model and lead / coach management teams to implement improvement initiatives that are designed to eliminate non-value adding activity and waste.
To be successful in this role, along with previous FMCG manufacturing experience you will need:
- An Operational Excellence/Lean/CI qualification and demonstrable application of methodologies.
- Experience of designing and successfully implementing continuous improvement strategies that deliver business benefits.
- Experience of Operations Operating models.
- Experience of lean/continuous improvement principles and techniques is essential; although it is imperative you have more than just theoretical lean knowledge. Practical experience of coaching managers within these techniques is vital.
- Experience of working with senior leaders to drive an Operational Excellence strategy.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing operational improvement initiatives or projects.
- Ability to coach, influence, energise and engage teams in continuous improvement.
- Ability to work collaboratively across all teams within Operations.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to explain difficult concepts, as well as listening and questioning skills.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills and the ability to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Confident and comfortable working with new and unfamiliar topics; is able to seek the appropriate guidance and help where required