Thistle Seafoods is one of the largest family owned manufacturers of quality seafood products in Europe and we are looking for a Production Manager to join our dynamic team.
Reporting to the Factory Manager you will assist with the running of the factory. Main responsibilities include:
- Overseeing production and ensuring production targets are met.
- Accurately logging downtime.
- Monitoring product standards and having a sound knowledge of the quality control programmes implemented.
- Liaising and co-operating with the technical, commercial, buying and engineering teams to ensure that customers are supplied with food products which are safe to eat and that the quality complies with the customer specifications.
- Ensuring Good Manufacturing Practices and Health and Safety Guidelines are adhered to, and factory standards are met at all times.
- Supervising, leading and motivating factory operatives and supervisors.
- Identify the training needs of factory operatives and supervisors and taking appropriate action to have these training needs met.
This role is suited to an experienced Production Manager or a Production Supervisor ready to take the next step in their career. Candidates must be familiar with working within a compliance and standards driven environment, and have experience managing a team. Experience of working within a food manufacturing environment, the food industry or a manufacturing environment would be preferred but is not essential.