QA / Technical Assistant
QA / Technical Assistant
Reports to: Technical Manager/Quality Assurance Manager.
- To conduct internal and external GMP audits with the assistance of other area managers.
- Conducting taste panel and communicate to management team.
- To assist in staff training and ensure induction and training systems are maintained.
- To support the New Product Development in ensuring the appropriate accreditation of the suppliers, development of specifications and the launch of products.
- To collect micro samples for finished products, raw materials, WIP products, shelf life, water and carry-out swabbing on floors, drains, equipment and hands, and do air plates according to micro schedule. To ensure that all samples are registered and sent to laboratory for testing;
- To ensure out of micro results are retested according to the procedure in the place;
- To document all process deviations and non-conforming products by raising non-conformances, concession, hold note and supplier non-conformances and follow all those for proper corrective actions. All process deviation and non-confirming products must be recorded on the relevant logs;
- To obtain Certificate of Analysis (COA) for the ingredients listed on the high risk ingredient list;
- To deal with daily troubleshooting;
- To ensure that shift handover will be done properly and shift report will be completed accurately; and
- To ensure all daily documents and paperwork are checked, verified and filed.
- To ensure all chemicals used within the department are on the COSSH register, risk assessed as required, and used safely.
- To conduct daily/weekly/monthly audits and checks. To ensure that all issues and non-conformances raised during the audits and routine checks are raised with relevant department’s heads and all corrective actions are followed and implemented.
- To organise taste panels to ensure attendance is at a high level from the required departments.
- To ensure the taste panel issues are reported and to ensure that taste panel results are entered into the database.
- Provide technical and process direction to the line leaders and other QAs.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and supervision to QAs.
- Monitoring product quality along the production lines to the agreed specifications
- Ensuring the production line staff adhere to good manufacturing & good hygiene practices, including line clean downs / product change-overs / allergen control
- Ensuring mixes and finished products are produced as per specification and traceability paperwork is always completed.
- To carry out regular on line product weight and quality checks for each product type, providing feedback to the team and ensuring appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Ensuring appropriate resources are available for the team including product specifications, portioning and personal protective equipment.
- To ensure that Critical Control Points (CCP’s) are adhered to by all production staff and any failures are reported to the Technical/Quality Management and the relevant corrective actions implemented.
- To carry out metal detection verification and complete rejected metal log documentation according to procedure and report any non-conformances to Technical/Quality Management.
- To carry out random checks in the allocation/labelling area to ensure that product labels, date coding, product label placement as well as packaging seals are correct.
- To verify chiller/freezer temperatures against displayed temperatures.
- Dealing with customer complaints.
- To provide holiday cover for QAs when they go on holidays.
The above duties are not an exhaustive list so flexibility to work various shift patterns according to business needs as well as additional duties especially in preparation for BRC accreditation is required.
The successful candidate will be self-driven and have a positive can do attitude. You will be a strong communicator and a good team player. Good understanding of food safety as well as excellent attention to detail is required.