Senior Laboratory Technician
Senior Laboratory Technician
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill’s European poultry business is a leading supplier of food products to retail, foods service and food manufacturing customers in both European and global markets. By combining global market knowledge and experience with local market understanding and insight, Cargill’s European poultry business is committed to expanding its business and markets through innovation, and by creating real customer and consumer value in its products and services.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, you will responsible to for a shift of Laboratory Technicians who conduct microbiological, chemical, serological and other laboratory analysis. The role is shift- based and requires flexibility to work a 3 days on, 2 days off and then 2 days on and 3 days off shift pattern, 7:00am-7:00pm.
- Daily supervision of a team of laboratory technicians ensuring safe and compliant working practices and adherence to the departmental rota
- Longer- term training of Laboratory Technicians
- Responsible for monitoring and undertaking routine laboratory work and performing analysis in adherence with CLAS, UKAS, ISO17025 and Tesco standards
- Assisting with EQA/ IQS results
- Ensuring the laboratory technicians correctly fill out paperwork and ensure compliance with industry accreditations and company requirements
- Use of the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) in accordance with the laboratory procedures
- Liaising with internal and external customers, dealing with their requests and queries
- Carrying out environmental controls, quality assurance controls and ensuring adherence to the task rota.
- Compliance with food safety and HSE guidelines
- To co-operate in the continuous improvement of quality, safety and productivity standards
- To meet housekeeping and hygiene standards individually and as part of a team
- Educated to A- level in Biology or other relevant scientific subject (HNC/HND/ Degree)
- Proven experience in laboratory testing, ideally in a food laboratory
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, effective communication skills and ability to work with a small team
- Able to work with minimal supervision, with accuracy and a methodical approach
- Effective communication skills and ability to work within a small team
- Intermediate IT skills including Microsoft Excel and SAP
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Flexible approach
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the world’s leading companies.