Production Area Supervisor
Eden Scott’s client is a leading FMCG business based in central Scotland. We are looking to recruit a Production Area Supervisor ideally from within the food, drink or FMCG industry who will be part of the shift management team and be a crucial leader in ensuring that KPIs are achieved across a production area, in a safe and efficient manner.
Reporting to the Production Shift Manager you will be responsible for:
- Deliver Health and Safety standards by ensuring compliance to all standards, analysing and minimising incidents, controlling workplace safety and completing accident/ incident reports where necessary.
- Deliver performance targets by utilising available resources, sharing best practice through shifts (and across manufacturing teams), completing daily reports and ensuring hygiene procedures are complied with.
- Drive CI solutions through leading the team in conjunction with Engineering to find solutions which address downtime issues and improve performance to targets.
- Deputise for the Shift Manager as required and ensure that daily briefs are carried out.
- Support the PDR process to completion by ensuring that the timescales are agreed on and that individual development plans are achieved through relevant support.
- Introduce and mange problem solving groups and ensure that appropriate skill levels are available across teams to support production demands.
- Manage team training and development in line with business requirements to ensure that it is completed successfully and that Skills matrixes, and training plans are accurate and prepared for team meetings.
- Previous production experience in high volume manufacturing.
- Minimum 3 years relevant management /supervisory experience.
- Experience within a BRC accredited system.
- A good working knowledge of Quality and H&S Systems.
- A good understanding of critical processes and drivers of performance and use of CI tools
- A good knowledge of common software packages (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- A track record in achieving results through teams, through coaching, motivating and developing a team to improve engagement and meet increasing production demands.
- Determined, resilient, adaptable and self-motivated.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Alasdair Murray on 0131 550 1117.
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.