This role reports directly to the Engineering Manager. The Mechanical Engineer is a key engineering role responsible for the development and delivery of the mechanical engineering systems on site.
A progressive and exciting manufacturer
- Defining procedures to ensure compliance with all relevant statutory regulations including:
- PED / PSSR
- LEV regulations
- DSEAR (mechanical aspects of gas and dust)
- COMAH permit obligations
- Ensuring Mechanical Engineering compliance with all management systems including those associated with ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and FEMAS.
- Setting the strategy for equipment preventive maintenance and implementing that strategy - including frequency, risk and condition based maintenance techniques.
- Analysing failures (using root cause analysis techniques), recommending and implementing corrective actions.
- Controlling abnormal situations and emergencies
- Implementing the key risk control systems necessary for the control of major hazards
- Ensuring all inspections and maintenance procedures are in place to meet regulatory as well as reliability requirements.
- Mechanical approval for all plant modifications.
- Mechanical design approval for projects.
- Extensive experience of working in a similar position on a large scale manufacturing site (ideally COMAH), with a track record of delivery proven over a number of years and will be fully familiar with the relevant legislative requirements.
- Well established root cause analysis skills and extensive experience of implementing actions to improve equipment reliability.
- Extensive experience of implementing / improving mechanical preventive maintenance programmes.
- Experience of implementing plant reliability improvement projects.
- It is expected that the Job Holder will hold a Degree in a Mechanical Engineering discipline or be able to demonstrate equivalent technical knowledge via work experience / other qualifications. Ideally the job holder will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards that goal.