This role reports directly to the Engineering Manager. The key responsibility is to develop the EC&I systems to ensure reliable plant operations and legislative compliance, with a particular focus on functional safety.
A progressive and exciting manufacturer
- Ensure systems regarding the implementation of IEC 61508 and 61511 are robust and relevant personnel in the organisation trained to the requisite level.
- Ensure policy and guidance documents are up to date and provide a coherent system for personnel to follow. Carry out audits as necessary to ensure compliance with those systems.
- Implementation of DSEAR
- The job holder will deputise for the Electrical Duty Holder in his/her absence.
- The job holder will be required to keep up to date with current legislation and ensure the business complies with that legislation. The job holder will be expected to liaise with the HSE / Competent Authority as required.
- Carry out agreed projects as required by the business.
- Ensure systems are in place so that EC&I project work is carried out to meet all legislative and business requirements
- Functional Safety Knowledge: The job holder will have substantial experience in this area and be fully familiar with the requirements of IEC 61508 and 61511 and the practical implementation of those standards on a major process plant. The job holder will be expected to be the Lead Engineer for this area.
- Control and Instrumentation Knowledge: It is essential the job holder has a comprehensive understanding of this area. This site uses Emerson Delta V DCS and Siemens PLC systems so specific experience in these systems is desirable.
- Electrical Knowledge: It is desirable for the job holder to have a good understanding of both LV and HV systems.
- UK Legislation regarding the EC&I function and the practical implementation of that legislation.