Assistant SHE Officer (Nights)
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant HS&E Officer (Nights) to provide day to day guidance and project-based support, to Line Management on all operational HS&E activities, ensuring a safe working environment is maintained in alignment with Group policy.Main responsibilities
- Compile and record HS&E statistical data to deliver Group reporting requirements
- Maintain the Site HS&E systems to ensure adherence to all relevant legislation and agreed on internal standards
- Conduct routine Risk Assessments and reports in line with location requirements to monitor compliance with Group policy
- Support both internal and external HS&E audits and inspections to meet with agreed guidelines and standards
- Deliver basic HS&E training to factory floor colleagues (e.g. Behavioural Safety, Toolbox talks) to support the Greencore Way of keeping people healthy and safe
- Ensure best practice in risk assessments, standard operating procedures, toolbox talks and newsletters to support the delivery of the Site HS&E plans
- National /professional qualification (preferably at degree level) in Health, Safety and Environment
- Up to date knowledge of HS&E legislation
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.
Reasons for joining Greencore
- We create opportunities for our people to take responsibility early in their careers, to develop their skills and capabilities, to work in a wide variety of businesses and roles, and to make a difference.
- We invest heavily in our people, facilities and capability to ensure we retain a strong competitive edge in the markets we operate. Developing and training our people is critical to delivery of our strategy.
- Our people are passionate about our business and we enjoy what they do. We are also committed to make our business and a supportive and diverse place to work.
- Our capacity to innovate is key to our ongoing success. We ask our people to constantly look for new and better ways of running our business.
- We hold each other to high performance standards and challenge ourselves to improve our business every day.