Quarry Production Supervisor
Global producer need a Production Supervisor to ensure the safe and efficient operation of Brayford Quarry on a day to day basis in conjunction with the Site Manager and his team.
The client produces a wide range of products and is the largest supplier in the UK. They are part of a global group that are major players in their field all over the world.
The Production Supervisor tasks:
a) To assist in purchasing spares, materials and services as required for effective running of the operation at the most cost effective price possible.
b) To assist the Site Manager in the completion of Period End Profit Estimations by the compilation of stock returns, production & breakdown analysis, written summary, expenditure database. Provision of above information to be in electronic form as appropriate.
c) To compile accurate maintenance records and ensure that servicing and repairs are carried out as programmed by the Site Manager.
d) To maintain good working relationships and communication between the management and employees and notify the Site Manager if problems are developing.
e) To liaise and discuss with the Site Manager any training requirements for the staff under your control and to ensure that all new employees have received the induction training and appropriate specialised training where relevant.
f) To assist the Site Manager in the prevention of fraud.
g) To maintain good relationships with neighbours and to ensure that complaints are brought to the attention of the Site Manager.
h) To ensure that all land, roads, and buildings within the site boundaries are kept in a good state of repair and general housekeeping conveys a tidy, presentable company image.
The Production Supervisor should have:
- Numerate / literate
- Safety Awareness Training
- Good general working knowledge of both Static and Mobile plant, products and customer requirements
- Clean driving licence
- (EPIC Assessment) Mobile Plant Operator Competence
- Computer literacy
The role holder is expected:
- to ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place.
- to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation.
- to update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required.
- to comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- IQ DAPS Qualification
- NVQ4 Health & safety and Environmental Management in Quarries.
- You will be expected to complete the NVQ 4 Health & safety and Environmental Management in Quarries once in post if you do not currently posses the qualification.
£30k plus benefits