My client is an extremely well-established and reputable Food Business. This is a buisness that places excellent emphasis on people development and there is real scope for this role to develop to Supervisory level.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that all product meets specification from intake through to customer delivery and to carry out quality assurance checks as per company procedures.
Reporting to the Compliance Manager, the main duties of this role will include:
• Work within the companies Safety and Health and environmental guidelines
• Monitor product quality to ensure it meets required parameters from intake through to customer delivery
• Testing foods and their associated products for Tilbury
• Understanding customer and food specifications and relating these to results entered into the system
• Ensure Central Technical Function receive samples required
• Carry out hygiene, food safety & quality audits as required
• Work closely with other departments on site
• Ensure all data is entered onto LIMS efficiently & accurately
• Assist Compliance Manager in customer & external audits
• Monitor & investigate customer complaints using Achiever system
• Create & issue certificates for customers
• Collecting samples for routine and non-routine analysis
• Carry out problem solving and equipment maintenance
• Deputising for the Compliance Manager whenever required
• Provide out of hours assistance to site via call out rota
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• A levels or 5 GCSE including Maths
• Experience in either the food or beverage industry is desirable but not mandatory
• Basic Food Safety/HACCP experience is preferred
• Experience in laboratory operations is a must
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.