Head of Technical
The role has full technical responsibility for a multi site food business across the south East. Although current Heads of Technical will be considered, the business sees the role as a great development opportunity for an excellent site technical manager to make the step up into a more strategic multi site role.
The business are fast growing and supply chilled food products into all of the major retailers. They are going through a key stage of growth and view this role as essential in futureproofing their business as the pressure from retailers increases. Although you will need to be delivery focussed and hands on at times, the core focus of the role is a strategic one, being a key part of the senior management team and setting out the vision and technical strategy for the business as a whole.
You will be responsible for designing and delivering the technical strategy for the business, managing a large team of technical professionals. You will need to be an inspirational leader, capable of coaching your teams to high levels of performance as well as being the figurehead for all elevated technical queries with the major retailers.
- You will have a track record as a senior technical manager/Head of technical in food manufacturing (chilled preferred).
- An excellent people manager with a coaching mentality.
- A strategist capable of designing and delivering a technical agenda.
- Exemplary communication skills, managing both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong relationships with the major retailers.
There is a market leading package for the right candidate dependant on the level of experience. As a benchmark, the business are looking around £70,000-£90,000 plus package.