Manufacturing Operator (FLT Driver)
JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Operator (FLT Driver)
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Brill, Meister Marken, Westco, Multifoods and Waldkorn.
Through the dedicated efforts of more than 8,500 employees, CSM serves customers in 100+ countries, providing specialized ingredients and finished products. Customers include all the major multiples along with food service organizations, quick serve restaurants and the major well known coffee houses.
The CSM UK head office is in the Wirral with other production facilities throughout the UK. The total annual turnover for the UK business in excess of £200 million.
We have a vacancy for a Grade 2 Manufacturing Operative at our Manchester facility. Starting on a training grade you will graduate to a full grade 2 on completion of your training requirements.
The successful applicant will perform a variety of complex tasks which contribute to the completion of a team’s work plan.
- Comply with hygiene, Health & Safety and GMP standards as stated by Company policy
- To carry out all responsibilities and practices with the aim of producing food safely and to required internal & external specifications within a HACCP framework
- Responsible for operation of plant and equipment to achieve quality and quantity of the manufacturing work plan
- Working within departmental budgeted staffing levels at agreed line speeds to achieve the plan within specified quality parameters
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation to ensure integrity of company quality systems
- To cover aspects of manufacturing operator’s role as required, including breaks, sickness and holiday cover
- Responsible for the quality and performance of production line that he/she is operating to achieve plan requirements
- Participation and contribution to continuous improvement activities, e.g. EDGE
- Responsible for assisting in development of other members of the team, i.e. skill sharing
- Flexibility of deployment
- Basic level IT skills,
- Knowledge of SAP preferable
- Literacy & Numeracy Basic verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Trained in manual handling procedures
- Basic food hygiene certificate
- Health & Safety awareness, including COSHH familiarity
- Exposure to similar work environment (minimum of 6 months)
- Good understanding of product safety principles, e.g. HACCP
- FLT CBT driving experience required
CSM Bakery Solutions are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
For further information please check out our careers page