Are you an experienced Food Technologist ready to embark on a new challenge with an international food business? Committed to quality and sustainability this privately owned company are recognised for their innovative and healthy branded products. This is a great opportunity to broaden your Technical horizons with a global team.
Reporting to the Head of Technical and working alongside the NPD team, you’ll oversee contract packing operations whilst supporting the commercialisation and manufacture of innovative products. Key responsibilities include:
- Managing all quality and food safety aspects of new and existing products, monitoring quality of ingredients and final products.
- Working cross-functionally with technical and commercial teams to ensure the success of new product launches, providing technical solutions to enable the brand to expand into new categories.
- Working closely with co-packers to ensure brand standards are met, including management of all technical and quality documentation as well as specifications and artwork.
- Taking regional responsibility for the UK and EU as well as providing support to the Global Quality & Sustainability Manager on new initiatives.
- Managing and supporting quality and third party accreditations such as ISO, Kosher, Halal, Non GMO.
- Supporting procurement with vendor assessments & manage approved supplier program.
We are looking for an ambitious and knowledgeable Technical professional with well-rounded experience within a food manufacturing environment or for a branded food business. A solid understanding of food science and legislation is essential along with quality assurance requirements including HACCP, BRC, food hygiene and customer audits. You must also have experience of working closely with NPD and supporting with the launch of new products.
To succeed in this role you must have first class organisation, project management and communication skills as well as the ability to establish priorities and delegate tasks effectively. In addition you’ll have a proven track record of building, developing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external colleagues at all management levels. The role will include travel to co-packers so flexibility is required as well as a valid UK driving licence.
If you have the technical focus and passion to add value in this high profile role and help shape the future of this forward thinking team then we’d love to hear from you. Apply now or call us on 0345 2600 737 to find out more.
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.
Apply for Food Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly