JOB TITLE: Compliance Engineer
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Brill, Meister Marken, Westco, Multifoods and Waldkorn.
Through the dedicated efforts of more than 8,500 employees, CSM serves customers in 100+ countries, providing specialized ingredients and finished products. Customers include all the major multiples along with food service organizations, quick serve restaurants and the major well known coffee houses.
The CSM UK head office is in the Wirral with other production facilities throughout the UK. The total annual turnover for the UK business in excess of £200 million.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To oversee compliance matters within the Engineering department to ensure that the company remains compliant with all regulatory matters. To ensure compliance to EU, UK, CSM regulations and legal obligations whilst improving internal company procedures aligned to customer needs meeting audit specifications.
- Ensure engineering H&S and Regulatory compliance through regular site inspections and auditing.
- Keeping up to date with legislative changes and updating the company accordingly.
- Ensure maintenance of electrical systems to manage compliance regulations including PAT and periodic testing.
- Pressure systems regulation compliance on Compressed Air systems
- Purchasing, installation and certification of all lifting gear and ensuring maintenance associated with this equipment
- Ensuring engineering department readiness for unannounced customer food safety audits
- Responsible for maintenance and testing of intruder and fire alarm systems.
- Inspections and maintenance of records for extraction system ensuring any non-conformances are reported where necessary.
- PUWER assessments of new and existing equipment and after any factory moves ensuring implementation of any corrective actions.
- Maintain plant database and layout drawings.
- Coordination and compliance of contractors including contractor inductions, screening, assurance documentation.
- Work closely with management, technical and supervisors to implement machinery purchases within the CE requirements.
- Attend as requested H&S committee meetings then ensure tasks to be allocated, as appropriate, following committee recommendations and management approval.
- Attend as requested ISO14001Environmental committee meetings ensuring tasks are allocated, as appropriate, following committee recommendations and management .
- Performing duties in line with CSM Values.
- A qualified engineer to a minimum degree level or time served apprenticeship
Industry experience of Mechanical, Electrical engineering within a manufacturing
- Exposure to requirements of Government Agency – HSE and Trading Standards
- Expert knowledge and/or training contractor management, statutory
- Inspections such as LOLAR, Pressure systems.
- Experience of electric testing requirements, PUWER, ATEX, Asbestos, Waste Water, L8
- Good communication skills (including written) and knowledge across MS Office
- Excellent attention to detail
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
For further information please check out our careers page