Artwork & Specifications Technologist (top branded business based in a vibrant part of London)
The business has grown from strength to strength over the last eleven years to become a market leader within the drinks sector. At the forefront of product innovation, the business now produces a range of unveils exceptional products supplying the finest UK retailers and restaurants and exporting to over 33 different countries across the world. The business has grown from strength to strength over the last twelve years to become a market leader within the drinks sector.
Owing to the ongoing success of the business, a new and exciting position has arisen based at their head offices in central London. The business seeks an experienced food labelling and artwork to compliment an established quality Technical and Quality team working closely with Innovation, Supply Chain, Suppliers, Contract Packers and other relevant teams. You will be responsible for driving the artwork process and ensuring the smooth running of artwork origination within the business, through to the delivery and receipt of correct labels and associated printed packaging.
- Manage and generate where necessary specifications which incorporate the recipe information, ingredients declaration, nutritional and allergens information within all relevant legislation.
- Co-ordinate all information for new product specifications and transfer data into specific customer formats.
- Approve artwork ensuring it is technically correct and uses suitable print methods.
- Technical sign off for packaging including checking artwork against specification which adheres to current quality, safety and labelling legislations in market.
- Liaise with Innovation, Sales and International departments to ensure artwork is co-ordinated in line with the critical path.
- To receive artwork files, distribute to the key stakeholders, collate feedback and communicate with the relevant supplier/printer in line with deadlines
- Attend print runs where necessary as well as visits to other sites, suppliers and customers to ensure their Packaging processes meet customers’ requirements, and any trials that maybe need to be completed.
- Track record of delivery of printed packaging from receipt of brief to technical approval.
- Ability to self-manage resource.
- Technical knowledge of printed packaging development, quality systems and legislation with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent attention for detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and abilities in stakeholder management over cross functional teams.
- Ability to present information in a structured and concise manner.
- Experience in a packaging/specification or technical artwork role with customer-facing experience.
- Food Science Degree or equivalent, relevant qualification is essential.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org.