JOB TITLE: Engineering Planner
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Brill, Meister Marken, Westco, Multifoods and Waldkorn.
Through the dedicated efforts of more than 8,500 employees, CSM serves customers in 100+ countries, providing specialized ingredients and finished products. Customers include all the major multiples along with food service organizations, quick serve restaurants and the major well known coffee houses.
The CSM UK head office is in the Wirral with other production facilities throughout the UK. The total annual turnover for the UK business in excess of £200 million.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To carry out proactive and reactive planning of engineering tasks to ensure maintenance is aligned to the production needs in a safe, efficient and timely manner. Produces work order and PM analysis and make suggestions for effective management.
- Work with the wider Engineering team to help develop the company’s maintenance strategy
- Produces shift/daily/weekly regular maintenance plans for the shift engineers, including review and development of planned maintenance tasks.
- Responsible for monitoring, analysing and improving the effectiveness of completed engineering tasks in terms of time /cost, plant performance, compliance to plans and data integrity.
- Uses strong planning and organisation skills to provide detailed maintenance plans to maximise plant performance whilst ensuring that all tasks are carried out in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Attends Daily and Weekly Production/Planning Meetings to ensure all issues are captured and that corrective actions are in place.
- Preform criticality analysis on works orders to prioritise jobs.
- Run meetings with Engineering & production teams to share the maintenance plans.
- Work closely with the Stores manager to ensure that the required parts are available and external labour is organised as required.
- Work as part of the engineering team to highlight any labour shortages which may affect delivery of the engineering plan.
- Uses strong analytical skills to produce reports focused on reducing equipment downtime, minimising work order backlog while ensuring schedule compliance.
- Review the production and engineering shift reports to filter follow up actions with attention to root cause to prevent reoccurrence.
- Conducts analysis of work order history and develop planned maintenance activities to optimise plant performance.
- Works to continuously improve detail of planned maintenance as the system evolves through data analysis alongside the reliability Engineers.
- Provides significant support to engineering teams, producing documentation and system administration as required and maintains task & instruction data integrity within CMMS System.
- Directly supports Engineering teams through training and coaching to maximize utilization of the CMMS.
- Liaises with Engineers to identify improvements to plant, equipment and planned maintenance procedures.
- Develop Clean, Inspect and Lubricate routines and needs for the site.
- Develops predictive maintenance approach to assist maintenance and decision making.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Entry-level engineering graduate or time served apprenticeship
- Proficiency across MS Office
- Experience in CMMS systems, preferably EMAINT
- Experience of data/numerical trend analysis
- Strong organisational skills
- Strategic approach to site engineering plan
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
For further information please check out our careers page
Apply for Engineering Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly