Engineering Shift Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Engineering Shift Coordinator
SALARY: £30,008 With Premiums
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Brill, Meister Marken, Westco, Multifoods and Waldkorn.
Through the dedicated efforts of more than 8,500 employees, CSM serves customers in 100+ countries, providing specialized ingredients and finished products. Customers include all the major multiples along with food service organizations, quick serve restaurants and the major well known coffee houses.
The CSM UK head office is in the Wirral with other production facilities throughout the UK. The total annual turnover for the UK business in excess of £200 million.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To maximise production efficiencies by the effective inspection of production equipment, rapid resolution of problems to prevent unplanned production stoppages in line with coordination of the team
To train and coach operators to improve production efficiencies.
- Plan and prioritise engineering workload to drive the efficient use of skills and experience to minimise plant downtime; delegating and escalating issues when required.
- Focal point for SL/SM’s ensuring attendance of line DRM’s and handover meetings taking ownership for the delivery of actions.
- Review H&S documentation and issuing of permits to ensure team members and contractors work safely.
- Responsible for the effective repair maintenance and improvement of the mechanical, electrical, hydraulics and pneumatics of the production plant.
- To assist in the development of predictive and planned maintenance systems for all production equipment and the implementation of those systems.
- Carry out daily routine checks; lubrication, PPM’s.
- To support the manufacturing process by responding in a timely manner to equipment breakdowns.
- Carry out scheduled maintenance work and being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults.
- To fault find in an effective and efficient manner whilst utilising the various machines relevant documentation.
- To establish harmonious relations with the operational staff and engineering utilities team with a collaborative approach.
- Pro-active in the reduction of engineering downtime and continuous improvement of the process and the department.
- Carry out predictive maintenance techniques in line with the company strategy.
- To train and motivate production teams to improve plant and equipment understanding and carry out machine inspections, lubrication and basic maintenance.
- To carry out all responsibilities and practices with the aim of producing food safely and to required internal & external specifications within a HACCP framework.
- Effectively communicate with management, production and maintenance colleagues to ensure safe, efficient, well organised operations.
- Ensure accurate records of machine asset maintenance and improvements by effective communication with Engineering lead.
- Responsible for the integrity of parts requests for the Company.
- Operate within an organised working environment ensuring tools and workstations are compliant with best practice food standards.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Full time-served apprenticeship in plant maintenance
- ONC/HNC in engineering or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering ideally within a Food Manufacturing environment
- Good understand of safety and environmental regulations
- Engineering experience post apprenticeship
- Previous supervisory experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing factory plant and processes
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
For further information please check out our careers page