Group Project Engineering Manager
You have the chance to join a globally recognised FMCG company that are investing heavily in their site & securing future business. As the Group Project Engineering Manager, you will be instrumental in ensuring delivery of this business' strategy across multiple sites in the East Midlands region.
This is a leading company that work with major retailers & as such have been striving for customer satisfaction & operational excellence; investing in new equipment for their site in order to be able to keep up with customer demands & increase site capacity. You will also be a big part of implementing TPM strategy & driving engineering efficiency across multiple sites.
As the Group Project Engineering Manager you will be supporting the development, application & maintenance of Production machinery across the highly automated facility. Part of this role involves ensuring these automated sites are maintained & improved, you will be identifying areas of high risk, develop solutions & deliver the projects. You will be instrumental in shaping the future of this business, working across multiple sites to ensure consistency. You will be working with the operation on solutions design teams on projects providing support in supplier selection.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with contractors & leading projects; training & supporting on project delivery from concept to completion.
- Deliver & implement improvement strategy as well as manage capital expenditure.
- To ensure that all facilities cover by the remit, meet relevant legislative requirement.
- Communication & collaborative working with management, colleagues, customers, contractors
- Investigate plant failures, technical and quality issues, recommending remedial actions
- Complying with statutory regulation electrical/mechanical
- Planning and delivering capital projects replacement and enhancements
- Interacting with external counterparts including customers
- Ensuring legal compliance to statutory legal requirements
- Capital planning and budget control
- To work with the site based teams to advise them on best practise and review their processes and procedures
- Regular update meetings to inform the teams of projects/issues
- To review with a view of Continuous Improvement in terms of systems, infrastructure and operations
THERE WILL BE TRAVEL INVOLVED AS PART OF THIS ROLES HOWEVER, ALL SITES ARE BASED WITHIN THE SAME REGION
A Project (Engineering) Manager who has lead equipment projects & has the following:
- Formal Electrical/electro-mechanical Engineering Qualifications (ideally Degree level)
- Prince 2 Trained/Qualified
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualification
- Experience leading teams in a highly automated FMCG manufacturing or distribution environment
- Proven capability of implementing TPM systems
- The ability to lead & motivate a team to effectively deliver against targets
- The ability to work as part of a team & be able to influence
- Continuous improvement focused mentality
Circa £55,000 - £60,000 + Car + Bonus + Additional Benefits