An opportunity to work for a category leading UK manufacture has arisen. This is an exciting opportunity to join a site in a phase of significant investment & growth. The manufacturing site
homes two businesses, both of whom; grow, harvest and pack fresh produce with 30 employees.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will take accountability for implementing the company
hygiene standards, micro programme and supporting the QA Manager with all things food safety!
Training will be provided for the right person*
*energetic, passionate and relentless in their ability to continuously improve hygiene standards!
Food processing is highly mechanised, which means that machines as well as production area will have to be cleaned to highest possible standards. Your role will be to lead all cleaning activity on site.
You will need to develop further our cleaning methods, whilst training the operational team to continuously improve hygiene standards. You will be expected to forward plan and make best use of the resources (team, time, materials, and equipment).The successful candidate would have to have previous experience working in a similar position and would have to be able to work independently and additionally supervising others.
You would have to be self-motivated, be able to work quickly, efficiently as well as accurately to make sure that production can start on time. Some of your duties will include:
• Following standard operating procedures and cleaning schedules
• Using cleaning equipment and chemicals at the correct levels & micro swabbing inc. ATP`s
• Ensuring that machinery and production areas of the factory are cleaned to appropriate standards
ready for manufacturing
• Working closely with managers making them aware of any H&S or hygiene issues
The successful Hygiene Supervisor will be able to present previous experience in a similar role and:
• Be able to clearly communicate to the team what is needed
• Be able to understand how team motivation will have a direct impact on productivity
• Be able to act as decision maker in the absence of the Production Manager
• Be able to fairly delegate tasks and deliver training whenever necessary
• Be punctual, reliable, enthusiastic and motivated
• Be flexible (earlier starts, later finishes)
• Have a very good numeracy and literacy skills and be computer literate
• Food Hygiene & Safety certificate as well as COSHH training would be of advantage
For more information please contact Alexander Thornton either in the office or via telephone
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07785 615 011