Global Food Certification Manager (Accreditation)
Locations across the UKThis is an exciting and dynamic business that provides an extensive range of external services to the food manufacturing and food retail sector. With an impressive client base consisting of many well-known leading UK and an international organisations, their philosophy is simply to provide clients with excellent service and value.
The business has an exciting new opportunity for a Global Food Certification Manager, to join this worldwide organisation. The successful candidate will work as part of the Global Audit, Certification and Training team to lead the development and effectiveness of the global food certification operation, ensuring sustained profitable growth in line with the overall Food strategy.
- Work closely with Global Technical and Operations Team to ensure the food certification group complies with all global procedures and in conjunction with Global Product Managers provide the required KPIs for their monitoring activity.
- Establish and drive consistent technical standards and operational delivery processes for all food and related certification programs, including coordination and harmonisation of processes and standards (such as auditor qualification and calibration, systems for combined audits, multi-scheme proposals, etc.) and scheme management delivered by Global Food Product Managers.
- Develop and maintain strong strategic relationships with GFSI and other key stakeholder groups to ensure the business is strongly represented.
- Lead the strategic development of food certification in new areas and monitor competitor activity to ensure the business maintains and strengthens its number one position in global food certification.
- Strong knowledge of Food certification especially GFSI schemes and GMP principles.
- Detailed knowledge of HACCP principles.
- A solid understanding of accreditation requirements.
- Strong influencing skills with ability to inspire effective teamwork across a matrix organisation.
- Highly effective communicator at all levels (assertive but tactful) Commercial / business acumen.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Strong written and spoken English skills Proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Flexibility to travel up to 20% of time
- Technical or Food Certification Manager with experience managing or auditing food certification systems
- Food industry background or experience working in a technical /certification service provider to the food industry