Production Machine Operator
UCC is Japan’s largest producer of coffee and is responsible for £2bn annual sales turnover globally and 7,300 employees, including 30+ Q-graders and World Siphonist Champions. It supplies some of the world’s leading companies in retail, out of home and industrial markets and owns successful retail and out of home brands.
Working in a fast paced production environment with the primary responsibility of monitoring and supervising a team by, removing, inspecting, folding, and packing, completed coffee product ready for customer despatch on time.
- Train, monitor and supervise shift packing line staff to ensure maximum efficiency and product quality to ensure all coffee products are packed to the customer’s specification by ensuring all machines are set-up and working well.
- Keep waste to a minimum and ensue all machine problems are reported timely to the Shift Manager to maintain maximum machine efficiency, adhering to health and safety and personal hygiene rules at all times.
- Ensure all clean downs for decaffeinated and organic products are adhered to in line with work instructions and that the corresponding paperwork is completed.
- Complete all quality tests as stated in work instruction to ensure coffee is within specification and packed out as per online job sheet instructions.
- Complete any other tasks and duties that may be reasonable requested during the course of your work.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Must have prior work experience operating industrial food packing machinery
- Maintain a high sense of urgency to meet and exceed all production goals
- Attentive to detail watching for material defects and any quality issues
- Have a mechanical aptitude and basic troubleshooting skills
- Ability to uphold safety, food safety, and production quality standards
- Basic computer skills
- A willingness to work flexibly
Salary: Up to £22k OTE + Pension + other Company Benefits