This fast growing business is going through an exciting period of growth, and will soon become the number one branded business in their sector. With a strong presence in international retailers and online, promoting organic food and healthy eating, this successful business is looking for an experience environmental specialist.
To take on this position and join this high profile organisation, the successful individual will require an assertive but engaging personality, excellent communication skills and a broad appreciation of the future environmental challenges businesses face.
- Implementing the company's environmental management system and all related requirements, including policies, procedures and relevant software.
- Ensuring ISO 14001 system is complied with and maintained.
- Writing and reviewing environmental policies and amending where necessary.
- Monitoring, implementing and providing guidance and input into the various elements of the Environmental Sustainability Management Plan.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of waste management strategies, in line with regulatory compliances and statutory legal obligations.
- Providing support on meeting project specific environmental and sustainability targets relevant to company and customer targets.
- Rationalise the use of external suppliers to the business, for example utility providers (Gas, Energy) and waste management providers, to ultimately reduce cost and environmental impact i.e. Carbon Footprint.
- Experience in environmental management within a manufacturing / waste/ water treatment sector.
- Experience of ISO 14001 and ISO 18001.
- Work well as part of a team and also as an individual.
- A strong working knowledge of environmental legislation, its impact and other requirements regarding environment and sustainability issues manufacturing.
- University degree in environmental studies or equivalent level qualification.
- Membership (or working towards) of relevant professional bodies (e.g. IEMA)