I am looking to recruit an Electrical Technician for a leading manufacturing business based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. As the Electrical Technician will be responsible for providing engineering support to achieve the plant production targets & PPM completion rate to KPI target levels.
Based in Sheffield my client are a leading and growing manufacturing business who supply products across the UK - This client is within manufacturing (None Food) and they currently employ cica 120 employees on this site but also have large expansion plans.
Reporting into the Maintenance Manager as the Electrical Technician you will be responsible for providing engineering support to achieve the plant production targets & PPM completion rate to KPI target levels. The key responsibilities of this role are to actively take part in and (and on occasion) lead the Engineering Team in areas such as breakdown response, PPM, Continuous Improvement (CI) Initiatives, Training and Housekeeping. Other key tasks of the role include completing general engineering tasks, breakdown repairs, Contractor Liaison and carrying out cost effective maintenance routines and general repairs to prolong the useful life of the equipment.
All these tasks are to be carried out on the Sheffield manufacturing site and are to be completed within a specified time frame and to the highest Engineering Standards, thus minimising any operational disruptions whilst maximising up time of operational equipment.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Ensure all Engineering Breakdowns (irrespective of priority) are identified and subsequently rectified as quickly as possible
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping (within specified areas)
- Practice & encourage others to deliver the highest standards of Health & safety at all times and ensure that all plant and ancillary equipment is maintained to these high standards
- Ensure all recording systems for work completion are correctly compiled with all relevant information detailed
- Ensure that the detailed procedure of Shift Change / Handover of the department is carried out thoroughly and all relevant paperwork is compiled correctly with the on-coming personnel
- Assist the Site Engineering Manager, Controls Technician & Shift Operations Manager in minimising machine down time by proposing & introducing improved electrical maintenance programmes & continuous improvement ideas.
To apply for the position of Electrical Technician based in Sheffield you will have:
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in an Electrical Maintenance function within a fast paced environment.
- Experience of fault finding on Automated controls systems such as PLC's, HMI's, Scada, Invertor drives, Profibus and some instrumentation.
- Good academic qualifications (i.e. HNC / ONC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent).
- Apprentice trained & qualified.
This position is paying between £28,000 - £38,000 (Including Shift Pay).
Multiple Shifts available.