Head of Operations
Our client, a leading multi-site Food Manufacturer and are looking to appoint a Head of Operations to join their site which is based in the East Anglia/East Midlands region. My clients factory is commutable from Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Norfolk & Cambridgeshire areas. This role will have a career path into a Director level position within 2 years dependant on performance.
Reporting into the Managing Director of UK Operations, you will be the site lead for all Manufacturing related issues, whilst ensuring that the manufacturing team drives and completes the required customer orders. Responsibility for production staff which will include middle management and you will pro-actively manage to ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in the operation. You will lead and drive standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within your area through Good Manufacturing Practice.
- The successful candidate will have previous experience within the food manufacturing industry at Site, Factory, Operations General or Manufacturing management level
- You will have experience leading a large operational team within a fast movin FMCG manufacturing business such as Food, Drink, Pharmaceutical or Personal Care product production.
- Your ability to train and develop the team below you is essential.
- Understanding of both Automated & Labour intensive factories
- You must have an understanding of implementing a C.I culture using LEAN tools such as 5's, Kanban etc.
- An understanding of Engineering reuqirements & issues within a factory environment, a background as a qualified Engineer would be a positive but this is not an essential requirement for the role.
Whats On Offer
- Working hours Monday to Friday 9am till 5.30pm
- Salary up to £75k
- Plus Bonus
- Further career growth into a director level role within 2 years
If you would like to apply for this wonderful opportunity then please send me your most recent up to date CV to Giuseppe@drnewitt.com or if you would like to discuss the location and the role in more detail then please call Giuseppe Leo on 0131 226 5060 or 07857348079.