We are working with a fantastic premium food manufacturer based in Staffordshire who are looking for a Quality Manager to join their team.
- Day to day management of QA/QC Teams including arranging cover, rota’s and holidays
- Training and Development of QA/QC Teams.
- Ensuring that the site is audit ready every day.
- Ensuring that all QC checks are accurately documented.
- Responsible for the training and development of the QC Teams.
- Glass Audit Risk Assessments (Manufacturing and Services).
- Ensuring all QA/QC Team members are completing their duties to the required standard.
- Staff motivation for QA/QC Teams.
- Promptly dealing with shop floor QC issues as they arise and taking appropriate action e.g. putting stock on hold, liaising with other departments to resolve the issue.
- Microbiological sampling (recording of results and trending)
- Shelf life sampling (recording of results and trending) – Manufacturing and Services
- Completion and sign off of non-conformances—Manufacturing and Services
- External Calibration of equipment (Manufacturing and Services)
- Completion of traceability exercises (Manufacturing and Services)
- Internal audits – GMP, Hygiene and others as agreed
- Investigating customer complaints in conjunction with other departments
- Monitoring product evaluation through cooking samples.
- Review, update and maintain the Quality Management Systems in conjunction with the Head of Quality.
- Work closely with other departments to assist in the transfer of new lines and provide Technical and Quality expertise for trials and launches.
- Monitor internal KPI’s.
- Drive the Quality Culture on site, ensuring that products are manufactured to legal, internal and external regulations.
- List not exhaustive as other duties may be assigned to the position as required.
- Degree level (or equivalent) qualifications in a food science discipline.
- Food industry experience and HACCP required.
- Experience managing a team.
- High and Low Care environment experience desirable.
If you have experience within the food manufacturing industry, or a recently and relevant degree and this is sounding of interest, please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at email@example.com. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0161 833 0181.