Role: Maintenance Engineer (Electrical bias)
Location: Sandycroft, Deeside Flintshire
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Shifts: 3 week rotating shift pattern (days and nights)
Do you have the Essential Ingredients?
- Make things happen with agility and pace
- Seek out and thrive on challenge
- The desire to lead in the food industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UKs biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four essential ingredients of entrepreneurial spirit, the motivation to thrive on challenge, the desire to lead the food industry and ability to work with agility and pace. These ingredients have become a 23,000-strong team in just 20 years!
We are one of British business' most compelling success stories of the past 20 years. More than 23,000 colleagues drawn from 36 nationalities help to make a mind-boggling array of some of the finest food in Britain - from pizza to pies, from poultry to puddings, from ready meals to ranges of soup.
At the heart of this, our UK Poultry division produces a third of all poultry eaten in the UK and represents more than half of our business by sales. The division employs over 7,000 people working in a chilled environment to process poultry products which are then marketed to UK consumers via major retailers.
Sandycroft is one of the largest primary sites within UKP; the site mainly deals with standard birds with one million birds processed each week. Additionally, Sandycroft receives 160,000 birds a week from other poultry plants for cutting and packing.
About the Role
Our production sites are the core to our business and not only do they keep our business running, but they feed the UK every day. Maintenance Engineers help to keep this key site running and work with some of our impressive equipment. Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Carry out plant checks and readings on essential equipment.
- Work efficiently to ensure all electrical engineering work is completed in a safe manner.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of production lines to identify and implement improvements.
- Carry out machine inspections, conduct relevant repairs or improvements and carry our preventative maintenance on equipment.
You will be an experienced Electrical Engineer/Electrician with a passion for improvement and development and will also:
- Be a fully qualified Electrician with 16th/17th Edition qualification
- Have experience in a manufacturing / production / military environment
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with production
- Be IT literate
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people interested in the following: Engineering, Shift Engineer, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Lead Engineer, Senior Engineer, Food Manufacturing Engineer, MultiSkilled, Multi Skilled, Supervisor, Liverpool, Chester, Mold, Wrexham, Nanywich, Crewe, Birkinhead, Manchester, Warrington, Crewe, Cheshire, Merseyside