Operations and Business Improvement Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations and Business Improvement Manager to join our team in Leeds. You will be responsible for delivering operational excellence across our manufacturing unit and for deploying 'best in class' business improvement activities.Package description
Generally working Monday to Friday, 08:30 – 17:00 but subject to operational requirements. We are offering a competitive package and free on-site parking.Main responsibilities
Some of the main responsibilities of the role are below, but because this is a small site, the successful candidate will also be involved in a number of other activities.
- Contribute to the development of and implement the manufacturing unit business plan in order to achieve the manufacturing unit EBIT / Productivity Objectives;
- Lead the execution of BI plan, ensuring cross-functional teams are engaged to focus on the specific priority areas and have the appropriate tools and support to utilise them effectively;
- Control manufacturing spend, within sign off limits, to ensure that costs are aligned with business requirements and the agreed budget;
- Co-ordinate, and take corrective action, to ensure all elements of operations are integrated and being utilised through cost efficient processes which deliver product to manufacturing food safety and customer standards;
- Implement SHE plan / performance across the operational teams in order to enhance employees health, safety and wellbeing in the workplace;
- Identify and prioritise capex projects that deliver the efficiency plan;
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to the operational community to ensure that people are kept safe engaged, focused and delivering to their potential;
- Review and analyse scorecard information to develop current performance.
- Previous experience of leading manufacturing teams in an FMCG environment;
- Previous experience of working with customers and being accountable for customer service;
- Diploma or equivalent Business Improvement qualifications;
- Proven track record of leading changes and delivering results;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Capability to build and plan initiatives;
- Sound knowledge of modern manufacturing methodologies;
- Lean six sigma Green Belt certified
Greencore Group is a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods. Our ambition doesn't stop at being the world's largest sandwich produce, we're looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too.
Greencore Grocery Leeds is the UK's largest Own Brand supplier of frozen Toad in the Hole and Yorkshire Puddings. We supply major grocery retail multiples, food service, major frozen food manufacturers, wholesales, multiple caterers and high street chains and pub companies.