Project Design Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career, moving from hands on engineering into a project design role. As the Project Design Engineer, you will be working with a highly experienced team, developing your skills to understand how concepts are developed, quickly becoming an integral part of the pre-sales team.
You have the chance to join a leading company based in Northamptonshire as a Project Design Engineer in their engineering solutions team. You will be developing & working with state of the art automated machinery; supporting the commercial teams in technical understanding & specialist design.
This is a great opportunity for a Project, PLC or system testing engineer working with electro-mechanical equipment & who is looking to move into a front end, design focused team.
- Review solutions from CAD drawings and specifications for design integrity.
- Be able to break the solution down into elemental units which can be estimated using costs obtained from internal or external suppliers, standard price lists or metric formulas.
- Assist in the development of pricing metrics formulas to streamline the estimating process.
- Work with solution design engineers to develop project risk registers, combining commercial and technical risk.
- Work with a close knit Solutions Design Team to assist in generating cost effective engineered solutions for blue chip customers.
- Identify and understand new technologies as they come onto the market.
- Generate relationships with suppliers to ensure competitive pricing.
- Work with the Solutions Design team to build a comprehensive library of technologies and costs.
- Prepare formal cost documentation.
- Assist in the development of sales proposal documentation.
- Present and justify costs for Director level approval.
A Project Design Engineer ideally with experience in the detailed design and implementation of automation systems & the following:
- Project Management capability
- CAD Experience
- Commercial/Costing understanding (e.g. preparing BOMs)
- Strong Communications Skills
Circa £30,000 - £35,000 + Additional Benefits