Buyer CAPEX (Plant Materials & Services)
Buyer CAPEX (Plant Materials & Services)
Competitive salary plus pension and private healthcare
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position is responsible for coordination of CAPEX procurement activities (annual budget of c.£22-30m) across our manufacturing plants in locations across Manchester, Liverpool, Hull and Wolverhampton for Cargill’s grain and oil seeds, starches and sweeteners and European poultry businesses. You will manage procurement processes, location support and planning, supplier events and relationships and implementing sourcing strategies.
This position provides exposure to a variety of businesses within a region and interacts closely with plant operations and other professionals (Transportation and Logistics, Strategic Sourcing, Business Supply Chain) which will provide development for the successful candidate.
- Manage supplier events & relationships including; relationship management of significant suppliers, leverage existing supplier partnerships for other sites in UK, establishing contracts, pricing structures and vendor management for Project Management and Service Consulting (PM&S) Capital expenses (CAPEX) Operating expenses (OPEX) across multiple businesses
- Work with stakeholders across the four sites to research and resolve supplier issues such as variances with supplier contract terms and conditions, quality or service delivery
- Establish and maintain on-going tracking mechanisms for performance metrics, reporting on the value captured at the local level
- Responsible for managing tactical procurement process to select suppliers for procurement of non-contracted materials and goods, services and/or supplies. Performing complex analysis of internal spend data, researching local supplier options, gathering supplier bids and performing analysis of results to determine the best value supplier
- Negotiating contract terms and conditions with suppliers
- Develop a general understanding of plant operations and business requirements (e.g. product development plans, marketing projections for new products, planned product line expansions, etc.) to provide general and specialist forecasting of medium term supply needs and ensure the purchasing plan and the sourcing environment (e.g. suppliers, cost drivers, international market dynamics, geopolitical risk, import/export laws etc) affecting the business is aligned
- University degree (or equivalent) preferably in a related subject or substantial relevant experience
- Proven relevant procurement and strategic sourcing experience including knowledge of professional purchasing policies and procedures relating to CAPEX and OPEX spend
- Proven negotiation skills
- Knowledge of an international manufacturing environment is preferred
- Knowledge of Process Improvement Tools and Processes (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma) would be a distinct advantage
- CIPS qualified or working towards CIPS is preferred but not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders in fluent English
- Fluent in other European languages (Dutch, French, German) is advantageous but not essential
- Detail-oriented with strong organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Able to travel within the UK across sites (approximately 30%)
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the world’s leading companies.
Apply for Buyer CAPEX (Plant Materials & Services)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly