As a Junior Scientist in the Liquid Development Team, you will be responsible for the creation of great tasting liquids and the up scaling of these products in order to bring them to market. The role is a combination of work in a lab, office and manufacturing environment. You will work within cross-functional teams to drive forward the innovation and implementation of new LRS products that work industrially and commercially and most importantly, delight our consumers. You will explore areas such as consumer insights, regulatory and competitor products, conduct lab-based experiments and sensory trials in order to ensure your product hits the mark.
- With the support of the line manager create recipes of compounds, emulsions and finished products. Develop manufacturing instructions to be implemented in concentrates and bottling plants.
- Acquire technical expertise through delivery of new formulations.
- Ensure documentation pertaining to any project, formulation or idea is captured and put in place within the SBFE database.
- Reliably produce samples in the lab and responsible for obtaining an appropriate record production of samples and analytical results.
- Analytical validation and recording of samples or batches made in the lab.
- Support the Lab Technicians with lab organisation. Ensures labeling, materials and fixtures (accessories) are in place, correct and of appropriate grade.
- Support the Lab Technicians to ensure good order within the laboratory, the use of equipment, cleaning and schedules, quality systems and procedures / processes.
- Independently operates the lab equipment required for NPD delivery.
- Creates, maintains and monitors the lab cleaning and equipment maintenance schedules.
- Maintains the records of ingredients, processes and procedures for full traceability of all products.
- Support Scientists to liaise with Technical Managers, R&D BU Project Leaders and third parties to ensure accuracy on the NPD process.
- Assist the delivery of the new products, claims and technology research & development programs.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a food-related science field (Food Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or Agricultural Engineering).
- Demonstrated laboratory skills, within food/beverage setting would be advantageous
Key Competencies and Skills
- Basic Knowledge of R&D process
- Ability to organize all the different tasks relevant to the NPD process and laboratory performance.
- Basic Knowledge of the different aspects of beverage design and manufacture.
- Seek continuous improvement.
- Language skills: fluent English+
To apply for this role please click the apply button.