Engineering Team Leader
Engineering Team Leader
Exciting and challenging opportunity for an Engineering Team Leader to join a Global manufacturer
Job Title: Engineering Team Leader
Location: North West/Lancashire/Greater Manchester
Salary: c£45K + benefits (Shift based 2 days, 2 nights 4 off)
Experience within a similar role within the food or FMCG sector
Graduate calibre within an engineering discipline
Demonstrable leadership and record of managing and developing people
To provide motivating leadership for the engineering function. Implementation of strategy working towards its vision to become world class. Responsible for managing all aspects of the Engineering function with respect to engineers, purchasing, store's inventory, equipment contracts, PPM's and planned overhauls.
- Ensure both a safe working environment and a positive safety culture is in place through effective training, coaching and supervision of team members, leading by example, ensuring all safety processes are followed and supporting all safety initiatives.
- Provide clear leadership to the team through effective recruitment, selection, induction training and coaching and performance management in line with policy and agreed procedures.
- Conduct regular, quality performance conversations and annual reviews, challenging and managing poor performance and capability issues in order to drive improvements in individual and team performance.
- Ensure all products are manufactured to the specified quality in a safe and hygienic manner, exercising due diligence always to meet the Company's obligation under the Food Safety Act.
- Ensure the highest standards of housekeeping, hygiene and other manufacturing practices (GMP), are achieved and maintained.
- Proactively manage absence (both short and long term) in line with the attendance management procedure.
- Lead the Daily Team Review Meeting ensuring actions are agreed and completed to drive an improvement in safety, quality and cost.
My client is a major player within their sector with an enviable presence in the market. They are continuing to grow year on year.
There are very clear career opportunities for high potential individuals.
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref CJH/2892 to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion, please call me on 0161 832 7463 or 07792 466140.