The company is an ambient foods packer and importer which currently supply a number of the major retailers as well as food service and manufacturing companies. The role holder will handle product specifications, multiple suppliers and a high number of customers. The role holder reports directly into Head of Technical and Quality.
The key day-to-day tasks of the Specification Technologist include:
- To complete specifications on web based retail specification systems including all supporting documentation including the preparation of additional documentation and attachment to the specifications
- To prepare and maintain internal specifications including all supporting documentation
- To maintain and update supplier assurance systems as required
- Checking artwork to final copy ensure packaging information is correct and legal for new and existing product development
- To update/maintain hard copy and computer based files
- To request ingredient and packaging specifications, ensuring they are correct and available when required
- To produce external reports as requested by customers
- To assist other departments and members of the technical team with product technical data as required
Key attributes of the Specification Technologist include:
- Educated to a degree level within a food related discipline desirable
- Experience of working within a food manufacturing environment highly advantageous
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Retailer specifications system experience essential
- Food legislation understanding is essential
- FMCG experience desirable
- Experience and ability of operating in a fast paced working environment is also essential and proven track record in meeting demanding timescales
- Must display a meticulous, accurate and organised approach to managing workload.
- Ability to provide a reliable and efficient service with minimum supervision.