Technical Services Manager
To lead the factory in raising quality and site standards, provide technical support across the business.
An exciting and innovative manufacturing business.
- Develop, create and implement systems and ensure complete compliance to all food safety and quality standards including HACCP, legislation, BRC, ISO & customer COP's
- Lead the site HACCP reviews and ensure that all HACCP's are effectively reviewed and verified.
- Lead management of change activities and support teams
- Conduct and co-ordinate improvement and compliance audits across site, working with teams to ensure effectiveness, managing the internal audit process.
- Support the Supplier approval system, and ensure adequate specifications are obtained and managed.
- Investigate and offer support and guidance to resolve out of specification issues for the site.
- Support the approval of the hygiene CIC, schedules and records
- Review weekly and monthly KPI reports and drive quality improvements across the site.
- Manage complaints system, monitor and trend complaints to assist in the support with complaints investigations to ensure appropriate corrective and preventative actions are taken, and ensuring root cause assessments are undertaken and effective.
- Lead the site Technical audits (BRC, Kosher, Halal & Organic, ISO and support customer audits)
- Ensure audit non-conformance's are effectively closed out, root cause established, and that satisfactory evidence is provided within the required timescales.
- Co-ordinate trace-ability challenges for the QMS or audit purposes and ensure corrective actions are taken when issues arise. Ensure effective traceability exercises are undertaken, and adequate resource knowledge available.
- Advanced/well developed skills and knowledge within food industry and technical discipline involving integration of theory and principals with organisational practices and precedents
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (or equivalent) - Food Related preferable
- Broad knowledge and experience in creating quality systems, including creation of risk assessments.
- Minimum of Level 3 HACCP and Food Hygiene Level 4 preferred
- Good knowledge of BRC requirements
- Experience of ISO 9000/22000 is preferred
- HALAL and Kosher knowledge
- Good problem solving skills
£Competitive Salary and Benefits