Product Manager | Food Ingredients
Our client is an award winning food ingredients business based in Gloucestershire. A true leader in their category, this specialist ingredients business provides high quality products to food manufacturers all over the UK and Internationally.
The business has some very exciting plans for growth in 2018 and they are looking to add some new talent to their team.
The Product Manager is a very important appointment for the business. The position has been created due to growth. It’s a new position working closely with the Sales Manager and the Directors of the business.
Description of Role:
As a product manager, it is imperative that you understand the company’s overall goals and objectives and guide the product group team in the creation, implementation, and delivery of the sales and marketing strategy. You will help to develop marketing initiatives as well as new product ideas and improvements based on industry experience, market research and contact with customers and prospects.
Main Responsibilities of Job:
- Develop new business in line with overall growth plans
- Manage and grow a portfolio of existing customers
- Gather market intelligence on the product group and disseminate in a useful way to the broader team, giving insights on new areas of activity
- Develop and implement marketing activities & materials for product group including events and collateral production in both physical and digital formats where required
- Gain a deep understanding of our interaction with customers, use this knowledge to guide us to engage and interact with new customers
- Identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Drive product launches, working with technical, NPD and other product management team
- Generate market led applications activity
- Manage Market led NPD, process and outcomes
- Analyse customers – value profiling
- Data mining historic customer information
- Assess and prioritise potential new customers
- Estimate potential for new ideas
- Manage production of product information – copy, style and oversight of generating suitable
• Food Ingredients knowledge and expertise.
• Commercial mind-set with a technical curiosity for the products.
• Confidence to be customer facing, promoting the products.
• Excellent communication skills and team work ability.
• Food qualifications would be very beneficial.
What’s on Offer
• Excellent basic + car allow + bonus + benefits.
This is a fantastic time to join an award winning business, excellent career progression will be on offer.
If you are interested in this position or indeed any of our vacancies then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Greg Carroll on 0161 833 0181.
Apply for Product Manager | Food Ingredients
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly