Interim Production Shift Manager
Expanding chilled ready meals manufacturer is looking for support by bringing in a team of Interim Production Shift Managers to help establish best practice in their brand-new production facility.
Do you have Production Management experience within a Chilled Prepared Food Manufacturing environment? Are you available for an immediate start or within the next week or two? Do you have the flexibility to spend a significant period of time away from home (albeit during the Australian summer which softens the blow!) Then read on:-
We have recently received an urgent brief for a hands-on Interim Production Shift Manager. The role will commence as soon as possible (dependant on VISA route taken which will be facilitated by the company) and will last for circa 6 months. Daily rate range is £300 - £350 per day plus expenses.
Working pattern is mainly Monday to Friday – you will cover one of two shifts – either 7am to 5pm or 5pm to 2am. Occasional Saturday working will be required when promotional volumes dictate.
As a key member of the Production Team, an overview of the role is to ensure the safety, efficiency and output productivity of all Operatives assigned to the designated shift by:
- Driving continuous improvements & quality
- Cross training Operatives to improve efficiency levels
- Enforcing all safety and processing procedures are followed
- Ensuring effective communications take place
- Training new employees and coach existing employees
- Maintaining a clean and safe work place in accordance with site GMP
- Investigating and reporting all incidents (spills, accidents, poor performance)
- Suggesting and implementing LEAN cost-saving ideas
The Focus of the role will be:
- To set standards by organising shift running, from production schedules, to maximise productivity & efficiency within the department.
- To ensure the optimum utilisation of shift labour by effective labour planning, training & development of all staff. The completion of all relevant paperwork to verify that training.
- To monitor efficiency ensuring targets are met & improved upon, to ensure all paperwork & relevant checks are completed.
- Ensure accurate completion of all labelling and traceability paperwork
- Awareness of product & materials availability which may have an impact on any plans.
- Responsible for ensuring all elements of Technical & Quality are adhered to including meeting legal & customer requirements.
- Responsibility for all elements of employee Health, Safety & Welfare
- Ensure compliance to all H&S requirements, ensuring all staff use the correct PPE at all times, & understand the importance of working in a safe environment.
- Identify staff training requirements – operational/ technical / H&S / HR and development through 1-1s.
- Attend all meetings as required & relay any requirements to the rest of your team.
- Control of materials usage, implement improvement plans to increase production efficiencies.
- Work closely with the technical department to implement any requests or alterations with regards to finished product configuration and product quality & appearance.
- Give clear, concise & timely communication with all levels within the management structure.
- Privately owned Family business
- Supplies the major Australian Retailers
- Believes in ethical sourcing procedures of raw materials and sustainability by using raw materials from renewable resources.
If you fit the bill and are available, then please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-C4195 with an updated CV, an indication of your desired daily rate and your availability.
Please note you will be working on a self-employed basis so please indicate whether you have a Limited Company set up or will be operating a Sole Trader?
Please note the Company is also looking for an Interim Factory Manager for 6 months (Ref JJ-C4196). Email for more details.
Apply for Interim Production Shift Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly