Interim Factory Manager
Expanding chilled ready meals manufacturer is looking for support by bringing in an Interim Factory Manager and a team of Interim Production Shift Managers to help establish best practice in their brand new production facility.
Do you have Operational / Factory Management experience within a Chilled Prepared Food Manufacturing environment? Are you available for an immediate start or within the next week or two ? Do you have the flexibility to spend a significant period of time away from home (albeit during the Australian summer which softens the blow!) Then read on:-
We have recently received an urgent brief for a hands-on Interim Factory Manager. The role will commence as soon as possible (dependant on VISA route taken which will be facilitated by the company) and will last for circa 6 months. Daily rate range is £350 - £500 per day plus expenses.
The factory produces across 2 shifts; 7am to 5pm and 5pm to 2am. The Interim Factory Manager will straddle these 2 shifts. Occasional Saturday working will be required when promotional volumes dictate.
The role will report to Commercial Director and will have High and Low Care Factory Managers reporting in together with the Engineering, Hygiene and Production Planning functions.
In addition to a background in chilled prepared foods manufacturing, other transferable skills and knowledge required are:
- Leadership and the ability to influence the culture of the manufacturing function.
- Ability to know what “good looks like” and embed best practice within the organisation
- An intuitive management style
- Gravitas – able in inspire and influence the team
- Change management experience
- Ability to instill engagement and ownership
- Inspirational leadership inspiring initiative and proactive action
- Defined examples of what good looks like
- Track Record of the real adoption of KPI management
- A common sense approach to Continuous Improvement
- Commerciality - full P&L responsibility
The Focus of the role will be to :
- Plan, co-ordinate and control all activities within factory to ensure efficient operation that meets the customer requirement achieving the right quality product at the right time.
- Comply and maintain systems procedures and eliminate failures.
- Continuously improve reducing cost, drive efficiency and improving labour effectiveness
- Create and embed safe working culture and environment for all staff.
- Ensure training and development of staff through effective coaching and appraise on performance management, disciplinary and absence.
- Promote excellent team work sharing best practices and ensuring effective communication.
- Privately owned Family business
- Supplies the major Australian Retailers
- Believes in ethical sourcing procedures of raw materials and sustainability by using raw materials from renewable resources.
If you fit the bill and are available, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-C4196 with an updated CV, an indication of your desired daily rate and your availability.
Please note you will be working on a self-employed basis so please indicate whether you have a Limited Company set up or will be operating a Sole Trader?