Production Manager / Section Manager
Production Manager, Barnsley, South Yorkshire area Food Manufacturing
We are recruiting for a High Care Production Section Manager role on behalf of a leading FMCG Food Manufacturer.
Based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire the role is commutable from Doncaster, Sheffield, Leeds, Wakefield, Scunthorpe etc.
Job Purpose: To manage the efficient and economic operation of your Section of responsibility ensuring the processes, production and quality of our products meet the highest specification in line with customer requirements and within budgeted targets and company policy.
Responsibilities and experience:
- Responsible for all the operatives and management working in your areas of responsibility.
- To achieve or better the performance targets set by the High-Risk Department Manager
- To promote teamwork in the slicing area to ensure customer and company expectations are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that your sections paperwork is 100% completed at the end of each shift.
- Communicate with the Technical department over all relevant issues.
- Ensure that Health and Safety procedures are complied with including pre-production line check sheets and any remedial actions required.
- Liaise with Engineering and Department manager over any serious Engineering issues.
- Ensure your section comply with company and legislative Health & Safety, Food Safety and Personal Hygiene procedures and regulations.
- Discuss and resolve staffing issues including grievance and disciplinary procedures with Human Resources and the High-Risk Department Manager.
- Carry out staff development reviews on an annual basis identifying areas which require improvement and further training
Ideals and Key Skills:
- HACCP Certificate
- Health & Safety at Work
- Food Safety Level 3
- Hygiene & Chemical Training
- CIH training certificate
- Management apprenticeship (NVQ level 3)
Salary: £30,000 -33,000 +benefits
Working Hours: These positions follow the weekly rotating shift pattern 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm (rotating) with a weekend 1 in 4 rota.
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button, and also include with your CV your current salary, min salary requirements, and notice period.
This role may be of interest to people in the following: Production Shift Manager, Production Supervisor, Production Team Leader, Production Controller, Manufacturing Manager, Line Manager, Section leader, Doncaster, Wakefield, Leeds, Sheffield, Barnsley, South Yorkshire.