Engineering Team Leader, Stourton (Leeds)
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Engineering team leader in our Stourton dairy and creamery just outside Leeds city centre.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader combining their knowledge of engineering and leadership skills to support our successful facility. You will form part of a high performing team, focusing on the preventative maintenance and optimisation of all site equipment and processes.
Some of your responsibilities will be to:
* Deputise for the Engineering Manager
* Lead and manage a team ensuring they have the skills to deliver in their job and receive the necessary support, training and feedback to do their job well
* Implement department strategy by developing and implementing business plans
* Manage the delivery of daily/weekly/monthly targets to ensure the department achieves its goals
* Define resource requirements, work planning and employee scheduling
* Lead 2nd Line fault finding and conduct effective resource prioritisation in consultation with other functional leads
* Initiate/Lead causal analysis investigations into machine failures and 5 Y analysis, and you will be responsible for total asset optimisation and improvement via appropriate loss eradication methodology (TPM/Lean tools), with budget accountability
To be considered for this exciting position you will be a multi-disciplined Engineer with extensive experience of FMCG engineering. It is essential that you have experience of leading, coaching, developing and delegating to a motivated team in a Lean Manufacturing environment, with an understanding of SAP. The working pattern of this role is a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern which will include weekends and bank holidays.
In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work for a forward thinking, progressive organisation that recognises and rewards talent.
To apply please click here