Group Training, Health, Safety and Risk Manager
Our client, a successful FMCG manufacturer who continues to produce high quality products for a range of customers, an exciting opportunity for an experienced Group Training, Health, Safety and Risk Manager to join their senior management team.
The overall purpose of the job is to assist the Group HR Director with the strategic planning of Training and Health and Safety to reduce risk in order to achieve a well-trained, disciplined workforce. To coordinate the activities relating to Training and Health and Safety, linking into the HR/Management team to support individual employee’s development and safety.
- Review and develop all aspects of the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and activity, and ensure that it is implemented across the business.
- Development of Health and Safety Management systems across the group to ensure that all operations are documented and controlled in a manner consistent with current legislation & regulations.
- Conducting of regular site audits and leading Health and Safety related meetings
- Undertaking risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
- Investigation and follow up of accident and near miss and ensuring notification requirements are met working with Departmental Managers and supervisors to ensure staff are fully trained & instructed in all job requirements consistent with Health and Safety Policies.
- Ensure that appropriate records are maintained in compliance with legal requirements and that necessary notices are displayed and reviewed.
- Strategic planning of training within the Group to support meeting the organisations objectives by regular evaluation of what is in place.
- Work with the HR team/Management to support employee development in order that they achieve their career aspirations.
- Ensure a consistency of approach to the format of the work instructions
- Ensure a consistency of approach to the recording of training
- Support the SQA Coordinator to ensure the company is compliant with the Awarding Body Standards
- Ensure the Scottish Enterprise mechanism for claims/tender is adhered to
- Ensure the best translation of the funding through the Apprenticeship levy is achieved
- Define and implement Group insurance strategy
- Monitor claims defensibility framework throughout the Group
- Effective management of claims
- Oversee insurance and self-insurance operations
- Must be flexible to travel between sites around the UK dependant on role requirements.
- Recognised Health and Safety qualifications e.g. (NEBOSH)
- Previous experience of managing Health & Safety ideally within FMCG
- Strong influencer with the ability to drive change and challenge management and staff behaviours where appropriate
- Sound knowledge of IT systems and packages
- Be able to demonstrate flexibility and work on own initiative
What’s on offer?
- A competitive salary dependant on experience of up to £50,000
- Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm although flexibility will be needed to meet the needs of the business.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris.