We are seeking a Technical Manager with a genuine passion for food to contribute to the continued success of our client’s food manufacturing business, based in Sussex. Our client provides a freshly made to order by hand product, they are seeking an individual who is passionate about good quality, handmade food; Someone confident, responsive and pro-active with a “can-do” attitude.
The company strives to deliver great quality food and have excellent customer relationships with major retailers and small foodservice customers alike. An exciting, varied and dynamic baked goods category.
As the Technical Manager, you will be required to drive technical performance through business activities within the manufacturing site, ensuring that products are safe, high quality, legally compliant and that they meet or exceed customer requirements.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Audits & Risk Assessment
- Managing the day to day technical and QA/QC functions
- Liaising with the sales and NPD teams
- Producing, updating and maintaining finished product specifications
- Chairing technical meetings and relaying technical / QA / QC performance data to site management.
- Lead the HACCP function as a team leader
Experience required for the role includes:
- Experience in a QA or Technical Management role
- Practical knowledge of BRC V7
- Knowledge of other third party certifications for food safety
- Managing or leading 3rd party audits
- Food Safety in Manufacturing qualification
- Knowledge and experience of HACCP Principles
- Customer facing experience
- Internal auditor experience
- Computer Literate (Excel, Access, Word, Power Point)
- Family run bakery manufacturing premium quality handmade goods
- Highest quality ingredients
- currently supplies major retailers as well as smaller deli style chains
- BRC Grade A (unannounced)
If you are a confident communicator, with a strong attention to detail and are interested in working for a successful, growing food manufacturer, then please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4197 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.